Re: urgent: backup oracle on vxfs filesystem!

From: Hieraklion <hieraklion_at_noos.fr>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:19:11 +0200

"Bonjour" from Paris (France),

During a restore operation with Veritas Quick io, if you are not using Netbackup, u need to recreate the quick i/o files with the qiomkfile command after recreating or recovering the file systems and before restoring. By recreating the Quick io files, u preallocate space for them and set up the proper extent attributes optimized for database use.

U can use the getdbfiles.sh script to retrieve a list of all datafiles and log files used by the database and store it in the file mkqio.dat. In addition to the list of files, this script also retrieves the size of each file ...

I assume it's the same way in order to create a standby database.

Hope this helps U.
"Au revoir" from Paris.
Hieraklion