Re: Oracle 9iAS vs the web server delivered with the database

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:09:33 +0400

We are doing a lot of useful things in our Dynamic PSP without any need for those nifty thingies so much hyped by McNealy and the gang. Apache, mod_plsql, Dynamic PSP - and there you go, web-based development environment for your favorite PL/SQL Server Pages. Works everywhere Oracle does, and is invokable from any HTML 4.0 browser (Netscape 4.x and Opera are NOT among them, but WDE works there, too, with some exceptions). No need for all that %J% stuff. :-P (Not that I am advocating against Java, I love it, but sometimes there are much easier and more robust solutions...)

Besides, Oracle HTTP Server shipped with EE carries all those %J% thingies along.