Re: Export problem - so many synonyms.

From: Ray Teale <ray_at_BLAHholly.com.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:53:53 +1000

They were set with a cut and paste from the documentation:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_sshmseg=10
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=200
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=100
set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767

Ray

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3CBA2AE0.F87C9BB8_at_exesolutions.com...
> I would go to /etc/system, open it in vi, and compare the values for
semaphores
> and shared memory with those recommended by Oracle in the installation
files on
> the CD and at technet.
>
> Daniel Morgan
>

> Ray Teale wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I posted this question a while ago but didn't get any replies that I
could
> > see.
> > It is still a problem for me so I'm posting again in the hope somebody
can
> > help.
> >
> > I was trying to do a full database export (Version 8.1.6.0.0 on Sun
Sparc)
> > of a fairly small database but got the following error message:
> >
> > . exporting referential integrity constraints
> > . exporting synonyms
> > EXP-00008: ORACLE error 4031 encountered
> > ORA-04031: unable to allocate 4032 bytes of shared memory ("shared
> > pool","oracle/aurora/rdbms/DbmsJavaSYS","joxlod: in
ehe","ioc_allocate_pal")
> > EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully
> >
> > .. after all the database users and tables had been exported, just at
the
> > time the system was ". exporting synonyms."
> >
> > Well I thought this was a bit strange for such a small database but I
> > doubled the shared_pool_size, bounced the database and tried again.
Same