Re: Am I imagining things?

From: <Christopher.Jones_at_oracle.comX>
Date: 15 Apr 2002 11:49:05 +1000

"C. Ferguson" <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com> writes:

> Well,
> I tried it two ways (sqlplus version 9.0.1.0.1 on a Win2k Pro P4)
> sqlplus started in a dos window functions properly.
> sqlplus started from the Start Menu selections failed.
>
> hth,
> Cindy

It only helps if I'm correct in guessing that the Menu starts sqlplusw.exe (the GUI version), but in a DOS window you start sqlplus.exe (the command line version) which is not affected by the bug (#2087174). The SET PAUSE/SELECT problem is in the I/O code. The two modes of SQL*Plus necessarily have different I/O paths.

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle Corporation, Australia.