MTS, External Proc/Oracle COM Automation Feature & ORA-28575

From: Адаменко Сергей <adamenko_at_i.com.ua>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 23:43:42 +0300

Hello, ALL!

I have some trouble when calling functions packaged in external DLL.

When Oracle running in MTS (string in INITORA.ORA:

   mts_dispatchers="(protocol = tcp)"), it raises "ORA-28575: unable to open RPC connection to external procedure agent" when I attempting to execute an external function.
Tuning off MTS or specifying SERVER=DEDICATED in connesponing connect descriptor in TNSNAMES.ORA, and everything works. The same things happen when I run the WordDem.SQL test from Oracle COM Automation Developer's Guide: all test are passed when DEDICATED server dispatches the session.

The solution, then a connect descriptor in TNSNAMES contains (SERVER=DEDICATED) in the CONNECT_DATA is ecvivalent of giving MTS away, so I don't take it and looking for help.

I was advised to setup mts_dispatchers="(protocol = ipc)(dispatchers = 1)" or simply mts_dispatchers="(protocol = ipc)" in INIT.ORA, but Oracle didn' t started in neither combination. It simply gives ORA-01034: ORACLE not available ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist.

Could someone help me with this problem? What configuration of INIT.ORA, LISTENER, and TNSNAMES should be, so that I could work with external DLL or use Oracle COM Automation feature in MTS environment?

I also will be very grateful, if you work in MTS with external DLL or use Oracle COM Automation feature with no problem, and share your configuration (INIT.ORA, LISTENER.ORA, TNSNAMES.ORA) with me.

With respect,
Sergey Adamenko
E-Mail: asv_at_softline.kiev.ua

P.S. Bellow is my configuration:

OS: W2000 SP2
Oracle EE 8.1.7

MTS_DISPATCHERS="(PROTOCOL = TCP) " os_authent_prefix = ""
distributed_transactions = 10
compatible = 8.1.0
sort_area_size = 524288
sort_area_retained_size = 65536

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = C:\oracle\ora81)
(PROGRAM = extproc)

    )
    (SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = oraasv)
(ORACLE_HOME = C:\oracle\ora81)
(SID_NAME = oraasv)

    )
  )

ORA_ASV_DEDICATED =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = oraasv)
(SERVER=DEDICATED)

    )
  )

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)