PL/SQL Server Pages, Image File Upload

From: Marc <mstaheli_at_san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 19:28:05 GMT

I'm experimenting with PSP pages. Everything works fine, but I have a problem with file uploads.

what I want to do:
- user uploads image over the webpage

Right now I'm using a table that stores the image in a table with a blob data type.
The upload, retrieval and display to a web page works fine. Problems:
- How can I restrict the mime type? (I tried ACCEPT in form, didn't work.
Everything goes through).
- How can I resize the file during the process. Right now, the image is
saved "as is"

According to the documentation, the mod_plsql takes care of internal processing. So I don't know if I'm even able to do what I want with the PSP Gateway.

Should I use interMedia with its ORDImage datatype? If yes, how do I upload files from the web? Or any other HTTP file upload to the server and simply save an url in a table that points to the file on the server? Any good advise/examples/approach is greatly appreciated.

I'm running Redhat Linux 7.2 with Oracle 9i. This is a simple development box and I do not use an iAS as a middle tier at this point (maybe there's the problem...)

Marc Received on Sun Apr 14 2002 - 14:28:05 CDT