Performance problems when using multi-threads in Oracle 9i

From: Loai Garelnabi <gloai_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Apr 2002 05:41:39 -0700

I have a program that creates many threads. Each thread has its own context. The thread will connect to the database, execute a stored procedure and then exits.
I have followed exactly what is required by the Oracle Documentation. I included:
EXEC SQL ENABLE THREADS;
EXEC SQL CONTEXT ALLOCATE :ctx;
EXEC SQL CONTEXT USE :ctx;
EXEC SQL CONTEXT FREE :ctx;

This process is generating a huge load on the sever machine (100 %) and the program is very very slow. I'm using a Sun Fire 880, 2 800 MHZ CPUs and 4GB RAM, running Oracle 9i with RAC !!

The program would use less load if I comment out the thread related statements.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to solve this probelm. Received on Sun Apr 14 2002 - 07:41:39 CDT