Re: Forcing no changes to SQLShared Area?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2002 08:49:06 -0700

In article <uads7vbbx.fsf_at_rcn.com>, Galen says...

>On 13 Apr 2002, ganesh_at_gtfs-gulf.com wrote:
>
>> Galen wants to make sure that the shared sql area is not checked
>> during the next execution.
>
>Actually, more importantly, not to push other sql out of the shared sql
>area.
>
>Oh well, looks like we are a bit, how shall I say it, SOL.
>
>--
>Galen deForest Boyer
>Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.

what is the goal or reasoning behind such a concept?

Instead of giving us the "answer" -- I want to do such and such -- give us the question "How can I do ....."

Perhaps you think you don't want the sql in the shared sql area (which just isn't in the realm of possibility) but there may very well be a way to accomplish your GOAL.

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte@oracle.com)             http://asktom.oracle.com/