Re: server freezes (Suse w. Oracle 9)

From: Wayne Stallwood <wayne.stallwood_remove_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 11:21:28 +0000 (UTC)

I usually find that complete system lockups (that require power off/on) are usually caused by hardware (usually memory). Have you got an IBM diagnostics boot disk (or run a third party mem test).

If the Kernel magic keys are enabled then you could try using them to see if the process dump gives you any hints, but it's unlikely.

How often is this happening, does it happen often at a regular time ?, does that time coincide with anything in crontab ?

It won't be a bug in SuSE 7.2 as such, if it is a software issue then it will be down to the Kernel, not SuSE, but I am betting hardware.

Hope this helps

Wayne