server freezes (Suse w. Oracle 9)

From: Kjell Nannestad <knannest_at_c2i.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 06:12:02 GMT

We have installed an IBM server w. Suse and Oracle 9. In the night the server is totally frozen. There is no response at any open telnet sessions or at the console.

The only solution is to take the power.

There is nothing logged in the error logs, system or Oracle, and backup of oracle using rman was finished
before the server locked up.
We have experienced something similar with AIX and Oracle 8.

Is there a similar feature (bug) in Suse 7.2? We are using raiserfs and lvm.

regards
Kjell Nannestad Received on Sat Apr 13 2002 - 01:12:02 CDT