Re: Change domain name in global name

From: Alan <bzhang_at_sohar.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 04:59:40 GMT

What I mean is that I have to change the domain part of global name. i.e change sid1.blah.com to sid1.blah2.com and sid2.blah.com to sid2.blah.com, since we just changed our company's domain name.

This means I have to change init.ora, tnsname.ora, listener.ora. But I am not sure any other file I have to change. Also I am not sure whether I have to use Alter command to change domain name which maybe be stored in control files too.

Thanks,

Alan