urgent: backup oracle on vxfs filesystem!

From: chao_ping <chao_ping_at_163.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2002 03:40:03 GMT

hi, grurus: I met a hard problem. I just want to make a standby database for current database, and when i begin to do: alter tablespace xxx begin backup; copy datafile, I realized that this is a veritas vxfs filesystem with quici IO enable. So, i can not just use: cp datafile /backupdir/datafile. Now i am testing using datafile::cdev:vxfs file instead.But no document about it. Great thanks to everyone who replies. Thanks!!!

--
an oracle fan,
an oracle beginner

an oracle fan,