Re: MS Access 2000 with Oracle 8i

From: Cathy Racicot <racicot_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:15:41 -0400

One option, if you have Designer installed, is to rev-engineer the Access DB, fix the constraints, sequences, triggers, etc. and create your Oracle DB from Designer. Then you can link the Oracle tables to Access and copy & paste the data into the new tables. Apply the triggers after the data has been moved and make sure to start your sequence numbers correctly to avoid errors.

Good Luck.

Joel