Change domain name in global name

From: bing <bzhang_at_sohar.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 20:31:39 GMT

I have two databases:

  1. Linux 6.2 Oracle EE 8.1.7.3 global name: sid1.blah.com
  2. Solaris 8 Oracle EE 8.1.6 global name: sid2.blah.com

Now I need to change blah.com to blah2.com, how should I do it? Should I shut down the instance while I am doing this? I think I need to modify init.ora, listener.ora and tnsname.ora, any other files I need to take care of?

I remember that the domain name is also recorded in control files, so how should I do it? some Alter commands?

Thanks,

Alan Received on Fri Apr 12 2002 - 15:31:39 CDT