Re: metalink account

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:57:33 +0200

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:58:34 +0100, "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote:

>Yes the one your organisation paid for. Support doesn't come free
>"Sander Westphal" <S.Westphal_at_hccnet.nl> wrote in message
>> Hi, out there,
>>
>> Is there somebody who's metalink account i can use?
>>
>> Thank's a lot,
>>
>> Sander

I admit most foreigners will consider the Dutch people to be greedy, making sure they will sit first rank for a dime ('Voor een dubbeltje op de eerste rang zitten'). There are many many people in our country who don't pay the fare when they travel with public transport, because the chance they will be trapped for driving without a valid ticket is neglicible.
The OP seems a perfect example of this specimen. As his Internet access (looking at his e-mail address ) is already free, maybe he just has a few dimes to spare.
Unfortunately today we discovered we are unable to withdraw Metalink access from a host of people who left our company and are still using my companies Metalink account. The administrative part of Metalink leaves much to be desired. We have to administer, by virtue of doing off-site database administration, accounts for multiple CSIs and we can't even see to which firm the CSI belongs. Right now I'm not sure how to address this problem.
And, oh yes, rest assured: I'm not going to create an account for the OP. What he wants indeed has to be considered as stealing.

--
Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address