leaking JDBC apps from v$session s, v$process p where s

From: Pascal Byrne <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:47:52 GMT

I need to find the UNIX PID associated with each session for Java JDBC applications, so I can catch an application which is opening Oracle connections without closing them. I tried the following:

   select s.username, s.sid, p.spid, s.process    from v$session s, v$process p
   where s.paddr = p.addr;

The process column was empty however for the Java connections.

So is there another way of getting this information? (I am using Java 1.2, Linux and Oracle 8.1.7).

Thanks,
pascal Received on Fri Apr 12 2002 - 12:47:52 CDT