Re: Who knows about software/hardware crash ratio on high availability systems?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:58:37 GMT

I would expect that such documents either don't exist or, if they do exist, have no relevance.

There are too many possible combinations of hardware, operating system, and RDBMS software. Not to mention other things that could be on the same box, C apps, utilities, web servers, etc.

What I can tell you is that I have run production level server environments with Solaris and HP/UX that were up for more than 360 days. And that it is not unusual.

BTW: Is there some compelling reason why you felt you should cross-post this to every newsgroup you could spell? I removed a lot of them and it is still obnoxious.

Daniel Morgan