Advice on Hardware requirements for an Oracle Database

From: Pedro Robledo Puerta <pedro.robledo_at_emersonenergy.com>
Date: 12 Apr 2002 03:49:55 -0700

Hi,

we are looking for some advice on what sort of hardware we must use for an
ORACLE 8.1.6 release 2 Enterprise database that will consist of 5 main tables with a total of 12,000,000 records of simple data (no images or sounds).

Usually, around 20 concurrent users will ask for reports made with joins of 3 or more of this tables.

We will be using NT as our operating system on the database server and are
thinking to purchase a dual PIII 1GHz, 1 Gb of SDRAM PC133, 2 SCSI HD of 18 Gb with RAID1, and a RAID card with double channel PERC 3/DI with 128 Mb of cache.

will this configuration be enough?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance, Received on Fri Apr 12 2002 - 05:49:55 CDT