Re: synchronising databases

From: Igor Laletin <ilaletin_at_usa.net>
Date: 12 Apr 2002 02:20:41 -0700

Oracle Change Manager (change management pack for OEM) definetely can help you with metadata. It also can replace A+B with A+C along with propagating metadata changes (not a big deal, right). As far as I remeber it can't merge 'data sets'.

It'd be rather difficult to develop such a tool. To merge two data sets a knowleadge of an application is required. Think ref constraints, triggers, calculated columns, columns filled from (overlapped) sequences etc. Of course your case may be trivial, otherwise - good luck :)

Cheers,
Igor