Problems with Oracle 9i on a SUN E450 and Solaris 8?

From: Nick Palmer <nick_at_kcicorp.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:47:31 -0700

I've got a SUN E450 with 2 CPUs and 2 GB running Solaris 8 and I'm trying to run Oracle 9i on it. The system seems to behave fine for a while, and then will just reboot randomly. Are there any patches that I need to apply to the SUN box to work with 9? Or any Oracle patches?. I've configured the /etc/system file with the following:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=1294967295
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=610
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=100
set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767

I've never had this problem before with either SUN or Oracle. I've run all the hardware diagnostics on the SUN box and everything checks out, so that is why I'm thinking its the software, either SUN or Oracle.

Anybody have a thoughts?

Thanks
Nick. Received on Thu Apr 11 2002 - 18:47:31 CDT