Re: Recommended Server Hardware

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 20:48:16 GMT

The amount of information you provided is about 1% of what needs to be known to make such a decision. If this is all the information you have then I recommend an IBM ThinkPad with 64MB RAM.

What version of Oracle?
How many simultaneous users?
How many transactions per time period?
How large are the transactions?
What is your tolerance for downtime?
How many schemas?
How many tablespaces?
How much data?

A major research project is required unless you are running a hotdog stand.

There may be 100 White Papers but none is going to give you an answer that says "buy this no matter what the heck you are doing."

Daniel Morgan