Re: Oracle9i Certified Database Associate - books & Test Software

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 05:21:52 +1000

I can't comment on the books. But no: Personal Edition is definitely not enough. The course material (on which the exams are largely based) assumes Enterprise Edition (occasionally remembering to state that feature X or feature Y is *only* available in the Enterprise Edition). The 9i New Features course, which is the basis for the 9i upgrade exam, will even expect you to know about partitioning -which isn't even a standard component of the Enterprise Edition, but a paid-for extra.

So, it's time to dump Windows 98 and move up to Windows 2000 (there's always Linux, of course, if that's too expensive), and download the free Enterprise Edition from technet.oracle.com. If you want to take the exams seriously, that is.

It's also time you didn't cross-post.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle : http://www.hjrdba.com