9i Newbie : spfile, sql-backtrack questions

From: Gulabchand Jaiswal <gulab_jaiswal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2002 11:01:50 -0700

Hello All,

Recently I upgraded a 8.1.7 32 bit db to 9.0.1 64 bit. Upgrade went smoothly and app is functioning fine.

However I still continue to use my init.ora files. Where does spfile come in the picture ? I do not have it right now. I am misiing something . Can some help? Do i need to create my spfile once I upgraded the DB ? Will my init files continue to work ?

Also I hear BMC datatools sql backtrack does not support spfile yet. Is it true ? Has anyone tried to use this product ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thx in advance

Gullu Received on Thu Apr 11 2002 - 13:01:50 CDT