Sysoper doesn't work after changing default sysoper group

From: Still Here <evetsdrawoh_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2002 10:47:36 -0700

OS - Linux 7.1
DB - 9.0.1.0.0

I understand that you can assign an OS user to the group defined in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/config.c as the SYS_OPER group. I edited this file and changed the default "dba" to "oper". I then relinked Oracle with the following:

make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle, which completed without errors.

I then added a user and placed them in the newly created oper group.

If I then su to this user and open a sqlplus session and attempt to connect / as sysoper, it tells me

ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

Everything else works fine. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks! Received on Thu Apr 11 2002 - 12:47:36 CDT