Re: Binary or Hash search in plsql table

From: John Russell <netnews2_at_johnrussell.mailshell.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:14:58 GMT

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:24:54 +0530, "Sunil" <sunil_franklin_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Can any of the experts out there suggest a better way than the linear
>search. Or any built in function in pl/sql which will make my lookup faster
>
>I am running on Oracle 9i.

This URL has some information about the recently announced Oracle9i Release 2:

http://www.oracle.com/ip/deploy/database/oracle9i/db_r2features.pdf

One of the features is "associative arrays" in PL/SQL, which is similar to hash tables in Perl and should do what you want.

John

--
Got an Oracle database question?
Try the search engine for the database docs at: