Re: Oracle 9iAS vs the web server delivered with the database

From: John MacAskill <jmacaski_at_bigpond.net.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:01:13 GMT

I'm assuming that you are looking for web functionality. 9iAS offers features like -

-Web cache
-BC4J
-OC4J
-Full J2EE support
-etc

If you are looking for a bog standard web interface to the database go Enterprise edition. But if you are looking to do anything, how can I say this, USEFUL then go with iAS.

You need to ask yourself the question - Do I need an application server?

John