Disabling the Oracle Servlet Engine

From: D Mitchell <dmitchell40_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Apr 2002 15:14:45 -0700

A few posts have asked about disabling the Oracle Servlet Engine that ships with Oracle 9i. I haven't figured out how to disable it completely, but I've figured out a way to move it to a port other than 8080 (so that it doesn't conflict with Tomcat).

To change the port, first ensure that Oracle is started. Then go to the command prompt and perform the following steps:

  1. cd %ORACLE_HOME%/jis/install
  2. sess_sh -u sys/change_on_install -role SYSDBA -s jdbc:oracle:oci8:@
  3. @serverendp.ssh admin 8888 9090 -register
  4. exit

This moves the Oracle Servlet Engine to port 8888. Received on Wed Apr 10 2002 - 17:14:45 CDT