lobs integrity check

From: serge <nikulins_at_gis.net>
Date: 10 Apr 2002 11:52:07 -0700

Hi, How does oracle make sure that data saved to a lob column really is the data you intended to save without retrieving it to check? For example, if I save an image file, all I have is a lob locator and lob value, and I can get length but how do I really know that all bytes are there and one pixel didn't get corrupted and dropped during save operation. It goes for CLOBS with character data bytes as well. If anyone knows any documentation that describes it, it would be really helpful, thanks a lot. Received on Wed Apr 10 2002 - 13:52:07 CDT