Re: R/W on a file located on a windows client desktop

From: fred <aladjifr_at_voila.fr>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:10:15 +0200

I have no error in alertsid.log.But with the utl_file_dir=* vamue, when i restart the service, i have an error in the Microsoft Management Console (Win 2K)
"Could not start the OracleServiceSID service on LocalComputer. The service didn't return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service error."
In fact, database is well started. When i try to run a procedure which try to open a file on my desktop (not in the server), an exception 'invalid_operation' occurs.
In fact, procedure try to open the file in the db server not in my own folder in my client desktop.
... but my question was is it possible to do it ?

Kind Regards