Re: Database for Image

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:26:12 GMT

You have provided insufficient information from which to formulate any kind of response.

What hardware (RAM, DASD)? What operating system (name and version), what version of Oracle, how many simultaneous connections? how many transactions (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, QUERY)? And other than one table with a single BLOB field to hold the images what other requirements are there?

My first thought, though not one that will please you, is that hopefully you will put more effort into the design than you put into asking for help. Give us some information and perhaps we can give you some pointers.

Daniel Morgan