Re: Case Insensitive Where statements: Net8?

From: Carole Kaufman <carolek_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 10 Apr 2002 07:13:25 -0700

Thanks, Daniel, but function based indexes help if my data is mixed case. In this case, my data is in all CAPs, but my users...they want to put in anything. Sure, they will train themselves in time to always use CAPs, but it would be nice if there was a way to have Oracle via query re-write or Sqlnet convert their where's to CAPs. The users are just using an ad hoc tool. DB2 now has that, so I was wondering if Oracle had something similar now too. Perhaps in the next release....

ck