newbie insert question using replace function

From: Paul Fell <novaweb_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: 9 Apr 2002 20:11:19 -0700

I'm trying to use the replace function in plsql. I'm new to Oracle. Here's what I want to do :

update <table>
set field1 = replace(field1,"&","and")
where field1 = "&"l

I get a compilation error. Should I be using a cursor and feeding the variable inot the replace function?

tia
Paul Received on Tue Apr 09 2002 - 22:11:19 CDT