Oracle 9i hangs with Batch Update Problem

From: Galvin <gxzhang_at_etang.com>
Date: 9 Apr 2002 18:36:39 -0700

I need to insert about 100 records into a table with 30 fields per second
with batch update through JDBC.
The program runs happily with Oracle 8.1.7. But recently, we are considering upgrade Oracle to 9i.

The problem appears. The Oracle hangs with the same program after a short period. When it hangs, I can not login with sqlplus. After I put in the password, it do not respond.

After it hangs, I checked the alert log file, no errors in it. Before I do batch update, I've adjust my redo log file to 100M with 6 groups. I think this is enough. Because under Oracle 8.1.7, it was 50M with 4 groups.

I've also updated the JDBC driver to the latest one.

The platform is Sun-V880 with solaris 2.8 with latest patch, RAID 1. Oracle Version is 9.0.1.1 which support SPARC64.

I've asked the SUN engineer to re-install the Operating system, but the
problem still exists.

Now I don't know what shall I do. Anyone who can tell me what happens?

Is this a bug of Oracle 9i? If yes, is there any patch to solve this problem?

Any help would be great.
Thanks! Received on Tue Apr 09 2002 - 20:36:39 CDT