Re: Crash recovery message in Alert Log on Oracle

From: Peter Laursen <pl_at_mail1.remove.this.stofanet.dk>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:33:13 +0200

"nishad" <nisk_at_rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:23ad140f.0204090551.5daacf_at_posting.google.com...
> 1. On shutting down the NT Server it seems that the OS is not
> making a successful shutdown of Oracle Database. Everytime
> we restart the machine, the below given log file is written to
> the Alert.log file. Please find a way to locate the reason
> of this error. we suspect that the services
> (OracleServiceSid,OracleStartSid) are not shutting down the
database.
> We have even altered the NT registry value under default oracle home
> Ora_sid_Shutdown ='TRUE' and
> ORA_Shutdown ='TRUE'
> these correction were done according the Oracle manual, but
> didnt find any difference.

<SNIP>
> Windows NT V4.0, OS V5.101, CPU type 586
> Starting up ORACLE RDBMS Version: 8.0.5.0.0.
>Snip REST>

This is due to bug 724051 dated 31-aug-1998 (!) ORASHUT.BAT is not called during NT shutdown.
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p _id=724051&p_database_id=BUG

Upgrade or patch if you can get hold of those old patches.

Peter Laursen Received on Tue Apr 09 2002 - 11:33:13 CDT