rman with oracle 9i not working

From: Helena <hmatijaca_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: 9 Apr 2002 13:10:50 -0700

I have installed oracle 9i on windowns xp and I want to do a rman backup, and I have followed the instractions from metalink

When I have the database in mount I can't login to rman

and if I have the database open I can't do the backup

Any elp would be great
Thanks

(svrmgrl> connect internal
connected
svrmgrl> create tablespace CATALOG

         datafile '/u01/oracle/rcat/cat1rcat.dbf
         size 20M;

statement processed
svrmgrl> create user rman identified by rman
         temporary tablespace TEMP
         default tablespace CATALOG quota unlimited on
          CATALOG;

statement processed
svrmgrl> grant recovery_catalog_owner to rman; statement processed

Note: This step only applies to Oracle8i 8.1.5 and greater.

% set ORACLE_SID=RCAT
% rman catalog rman/rman

RMAN> create catalog;

% set ORACLE_SID=PROD
% rman TARGET / RCVCAT rman/rman_at_rcat

RMAN-06005: connected to target database: PROD RMAN-06008: connected to recovery catalog database

RMAN> register database;

Once complete the DBID, DB_NAME, and structure are captured in the recovery catalog. To verify the
registration run:

RMAN> list incarnation of database;

2.1 Snapshot Controlfile

 set snapshot controlfile name to 'c:\oracle\dba\prod\snap_prod.ctl';

2.2 Tescase 1 Cold backup

2.2a Taking a cold(offline) full backup up to a DISK channel.

% set ORACLE_SID=PROD

svrmgrl> connect internal
connected
svrmgrl> shutdown immediate;
svrmgrl> startup mount

% rman target / rcvcat rman/rman_at_rcat

run {

   allocate channel c1 type disk format
'/backup/u00/oracle/prod/df_%d_%p_%c';

   backup (database);