Problems getting Oracle 8.1.7 on RedHat 6.2

From: Vince Laurent <vlaurent_at_NOSPAMPLEASE.networkusa.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 14:11:38 -0500

I am getting the following errors when I run the oracle installation:

Error in invoking target ntcontab.0 of makefile /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7.0.1/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk

After I Ignore (the only option that takes) then the errors for nnfgt.o, nautab.o, relink, etc.... over 13 items failed.

I am unsure where to go from here. I have downloaded an read many, many pages on installing Oracle on redhat 6.2 but there was nothing about this.

I've read an followed stuff from various sites including:

http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/
http://homepages.tig.com.au/~jmsalvo/linux/oracle8i.html
http://www.idevelopment.info/data/DBA_tips/DBATIP_54.shtml
http://www.pawprint.net/linux/

and so on (yes, those are new RH versions but I have soooo many pages bookmarked I just wanted to show that I did read a bit).

I also have the java, gcc, and other requirements that Redhat and these articles mentioned.

So.... what do I do now? Ideas?
Thanks! Received on Tue Apr 09 2002 - 14:11:38 CDT