Re: DDL statement in Stored Procedure.

From: Manish <manish1000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Apr 2002 07:52:30 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3CB208B9.B0B2A4D4_at_exesolutions.com>...
> The problem is not just one of privileges.
>
> Equally important is that you undoubtedly come from a background of SQL
> Server or Sybase and have not learned Oracle's architecture. What you are
> trying to do is not done in Oracle ... ever. It is not that you can't ...
> which gets into the issue of privileges ... but rather that is is a great
> way to create an unscalable application with lousy performance.
>
> You can look up global temporary tables if you wish ... but I think it
> far better investment of your time would be in just forgetting the entire
> idea and doing whatever it is you want to do in the Oracle way.
>
> Daniel Morgan
>

> Manish wrote:

 Thanks for ur comments but it did not solve the problem. The Global Temporary tables can be created at session or transaction level and also its data can not be seen by other transactions. Hence I want to create a permanent table thru stored procedure with variable name. If anybody tell me the method to create the table in Stored Procedure either by using "Execute Immediate" or by "DBMS_SQL" package, it will be great help. I am able to create the same by PL/SQL but it is giving "Insufficient Previlidges" message when I try to use Stored Procedure.

Thanks.

Manish Received on Tue Apr 09 2002 - 09:52:30 CDT