Crash recovery message in Alert Log on Oracle

From: nishad <nisk_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 9 Apr 2002 06:51:13 -0700

  1. On shutting down the NT Server it seems that the OS is not making a successful shutdown of Oracle Database. Everytime we restart the machine, the below given log file is written to the Alert.log file. Please find a way to locate the reason of this error. we suspect that the services (OracleServiceSid,OracleStartSid) are not shutting down the database. We have even altered the NT registry value under default oracle home Ora_sid_Shutdown ='TRUE' and ORA_Shutdown ='TRUE' these correction were done according the Oracle manual, but didnt find any difference.

Whereas when attempt to shutdown database from SvrMgr, everything goes as normal, creates successful shutdown log in alert log. In all means, database seems fine without any problem.

please tell how to solve this problem.(avoiding Crash recovery msg appearing in Alert.log )

extract of alert.log file is given below : -

Dump file f:\orant\Database\trace\BkGrnd\mocbALRT.LOG Sun Apr 07 19:27:35 2002
ORACLE V8.0.5.0.0 - Production vsnsta=0
vsnsql=c vsnxtr=3
Windows NT V4.0, OS V5.101, CPU type 586 Starting up ORACLE RDBMS Version: 8.0.5.0.0. System parameters with non-default values:
  processes                = 100
  shared_pool_size         = 9000000
  control_files            = f:\orant\database\Control1\ctl1mocB.ora,
f:\orant\database\Control2\ctl2mocB.ora
  db_block_buffers         = 550
  db_block_size            = 2048
  compatible               = 8.0.5.0.0
  log_buffer               = 32768
  log_checkpoint_interval  = 10000
  log_checkpoint_timeout   = 0
  db_files                 = 1024
  db_file_multiblock_read_count= 16
  dml_locks                = 200

  sequence_cache_entries = 30
  sequence_cache_hash_buckets= 23
  remote_login_passwordfile= SHARED
  sort_area_size           = 65536
  db_name                  = moctst
  background_dump_dest     = f:\orant\Database\trace\BkGrnd
  user_dump_dest           = f:\orant\Database\trace\Usr
  max_dump_file_size       = 10240
PMON started with pid=2
DBW0 started with pid=3
LGWR started with pid=4
CKPT started with pid=5

SMON started with pid=6
RECO started with pid=7
Sun Apr 07 19:27:35 2002
alter database "moctst" mount exclusive
Sun Apr 07 19:27:40 2002
Successful mount of redo thread 1, with mount id 1564346540. Sun Apr 07 19:27:40 2002
Database mounted in Exclusive Mode.
Completed: alter database "moctst" mount exclusive Sun Apr 07 19:27:40 2002
alter database "moctst" open
Beginning crash recovery of 1 threads <------ Recovery of Online Redo Log: Thread 1 Group 1 Seq 29 Reading mem 0
<-------

  Mem# 0 errs 0: F:\ORANT\DATABASE\CONTROL1\LOGMOCB1.ORA
<-------

Crash recovery completed successfully
<-------

Picked broadcast on commit scheme to generate SCNs Sun Apr 07 19:27:44 2002
Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 30
Thread 1 opened at log sequence 30
  Current log# 2 seq# 30 mem# 0:
F:\ORANT\DATABASE\CONTROL2\LOGMOCB2.ORA
Successful open of redo thread 1.
Sun Apr 07 19:27:44 2002
SMON: enabling cache recovery
SMON: enabling tx recovery
Sun Apr 07 19:27:48 2002
Completed: alter database "moctst" open Received on Tue Apr 09 2002 - 08:51:13 CDT