Re: Migration from 8i-db to 9i on another server?

From: Holger Jannsen <Hollysoft_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 10:15:50 GMT

Ok, ok, slow down! Keep the stones!;-)

I've forgotten to remind that I even have read very many man-pages and news about that theme, but I hope for an easy solution or some more tips about this IMHO very special problem.

So I couldn't install 9i onto the old machine and I don't like to spent my time within installing an 8i on the new machine for using the migration-wiz, even that I haven't found any positive reports from people who experienced that thing.

I have the problem that the database is very large, so IMHO an a script-based Export(8i)/Import(9i) even would spent to much time and may crash that small time-window that I have at night.

I thought of taking the cold overnight-backup, ftp it to the new machine. But how could I migrate it?

Forgotten something?

a little bit confused
Holger

--