Re: re-indexing per statement or per row?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:51:15 +0100

And there was I thinking that you were making a very relevant observation that redo and undo can BOTH go take advantage of special behaviour to optimise performance by generating "block-level" records. Which is, in fact, the case when you have things like insert/select.

used_urec is indeed about undo/rollback records but you get interestingly similar anomalies in if you look at v$sysstat for "redo records".

I had got the significance of the "" marks around the 'know' - it is a convention I use myself to mean exactly the same thing. I was just absolving Howard from the blame because I know (without quotes) that there are several other sources where you might have got the information from.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:

<3cb2a04a$0$236$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net>...