Re: Recover Help Please - needs more recovery

From: Paul Kohlmiller <pkohlmil_at_best.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 19:35:25 GMT

I am reading your book and it may help me. But I wonder if any of the following are possible:
1. If I say recover database using backup controlfile until cancel, then type Cancel, it just says media recovery cancelled. If I leave out the
"using backup controlfile" it simply tells me that I have to use it and
quits immediately. Anyway to get it to stop insisting on the backup controlfile?
2. Is it possible take the system tablespace file offline, recover the datafile and bring it back online?
3. I don't have a set of backup files for the entire database at the point before things got screwy (that part in your book where you say "sack the dba trainee" - well that's kind of me only I never exactly volunteered to be dba trainee). Is it possible to create a new datafile(6.4.4 in your book) for the system tablespace that would cause me to lose all users but still be able to get at the user's data that is in another tablespace? Or is it true that losing the system tablespace means all hope is gone? 4. Open resetlogs sounds exactly like what I want it to do but it just isn't
"enough recovery" to suit Oracle's sensibilities. Is there something like a
Force Resetlogs?
Thanks,
Paul K Received on Mon Apr 08 2002 - 14:35:25 CDT