Re: Question about cursors

From: John Russell <netnews2_at_johnrussell.mailshell.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 16:34:42 GMT

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:57:59 -0500, "Syltrem" <syltremspammenot_at_videotron.com> wrote:
>The procedure (or package) is called every time the user either enters the
>particular screen, or hits next page button.
>The only info I am receiving from the web site is the sessionId, how many
>rows fit on the screen, and if it's a new selection (entering screen), or
>continuation of previous selection (next screen).
>As I see it, I must keep track of the last row returned, and upon
>continuation of previous selection, only return the next n rows.

Do you generate the HTML that is displayed on the original web page, or have some influence over its contents? If so, you can include something like

<input type="hidden" name="lastrowreturned" value="10">

so that when the Next Page button is pressed, this extra piece of information is passed to the procedure. Set up the procedure to use a default value of null for the parameter, so that it works for the original form submission that wouldn't include this parameter.

John

--
Got an Oracle database question?
Try the search engine for the database docs at: