Re: stored procedure

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 16:18:16 GMT

Don't do it. This technique may be part-and-parcel of your Sybase experience but it has no place in an Oracle stored procedure. We almost never use temp tables due to Oracle's architecture. I have only had one or two reasons to use temp tables of any type in Oracle in the last 10 years.

There are lots of things in Oracle, important things, that do not work the way they do in Sybase. And to the extent that you don't learn what they are and how they work differently you will build insecure, unscalable, poorly performing databases containing corrupt data.

Daniel Morgan