Re: V$SESSION Status = SNIPED ???

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:05:37 -0400

Kyle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> check your init.ora.
>
> You should have a parameter resource_limit = true and then somewhere in a
> profile there must be and idle_time set.
>
> Basically idle users that have been timed out.
> They take up sessions. Oracle releases when the user has confirmed or
> receives the message that they have been booted. If you run oracle as a
> dedicated server atop of unix you can kill these fellas.......
>
> select p.spid from v$process p,v$session s
> where s.paddr=p.addr and s.status='SNIPED';
>
> # kill -9 <list of processes>
>
> That should clear the shadow process and get you a login session back. If
> it is not giving you any grief when you login then I wouldn't bother doing
> anything. They will be cleared if you bounce your instance for say a COLD
> backup. Check your alert.log for any related errors.
>
> Regards,
> Kyle
>
> "R Chin" <rchin_at_panix.com> wrote in message
> > In V$SESSION, under STATUS column , I have seen some rows that says
> "SNIPED"
> > what does it mean ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > rc

Or you can use a modidied killuser.sql script to do it from SQL. A killuser.sql script can be found at:

http://rossolweiler.com/programming/oracle.cfm

--
Regards,

Michael Austin            Registered Linux User #261163
First DBA Source, Inc.    http://www.firstdbasource.com
Sr. Consultant            CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
704-947-1089 (Office)
704-236-4377 (Mobile)