Oracle 9i install gives 817 in v$version

From: Chris <nospam_at_chrismccarthysoftware.com>
Date: 8 Apr 2002 07:08:54 -0700

A few months ago I installed Solaris on a new sunfire sparc server.

SunOS oracle-dev 5.8 Generic_108528-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R

Next, I installed Oracle 9i, it said 9i on the install discs, and I seem to remember there was 5 cds.

However, I recently noticed that it does not report the version as being 9i:

Connected to:
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production

SQL> select * from v$version;

BANNER

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production PL/SQL Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
CORE 8.1.7.0.0 Production
TNS for Solaris: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 3.4.1.0.0 - Production

We don't even have 8.1.7 install cds. What's going on ?

This is an 'ls' of our $ORACLE_HOME

6iserver          dbs               jis               oem_webstage
 precomp           starterdb
8ienv.csh         doc               jlib              oracore
 rdbms             svrmgr
8ienv.sh          hs                JRE               oradata
 relnotes          sysman
admin             icache            jsp               oradata2
 resp              webcache
Apache            ifs1.1            ldap              ord
 root.sh           wwg
assistants        install           lib               otrace
 root.sh.old       xdk
bin               install.platform  md                owm
 sap
classes           jar               network           panama
 slax
converters        javavm            ocommon           plsql
 sqlj
ctx               jdbc              odg               portal30
 sqlplus

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,
..Chris. Received on Mon Apr 08 2002 - 09:08:54 CDT