Re: simple PL/SQL Question: deleting repeated rows

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2002 20:24:05 -0500

On 6 Apr 2002, mario.christ_at_gmx.net wrote:

> thank you. Yes, I mean 'column', not 'row'.
> However, the result I wanted to get was
> and not
> (which can easily be achieved by using 'dinstinct').

I reread your post. Sorry.

In your output, you are assuming that the order you see on the screen in your select is the order that the database stores the rows?

If you have 3 rows of B's, I'm sure you could get rid of one of them, by using max instead of min, but you cannot be assured of which row in the output will be gone the next time you select from the table.

Your select that returns

today, might very well return you

tomorrow.

--