importing tablespace file

From: larry <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 19:25:45 GMT

Greetings
I have been trying to find a way to import a tablespace file into a different (same version - 8i) oracle installation.

I understand the correct way would be to export it from the first installation and import it into the second. Unfortunately the first installation is quite dead and all I have is the *.dbf tablespace files.

Any suggestions/solutions? TIA and much appreciated. Larry Received on Sat Apr 06 2002 - 13:25:45 CST