Re: Read Oracle DBMS_PIPE from VB application

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 17:28:27 +0100

"Max Stanley" <mladen_at_uk2.net> wrote in message news:a8k6ht$crb$1_at_sunce.iskon.hr...
> Hi,
>
> How can I connect to Oracle 7.3 database to read messages from dbms_pipes
in
> VB application.
> I have a procedure in Oracle which puts a message in dbms_pipe when
certain
> trigger is activated.
> I would like to get this messages to VB application in real-time manner.
>
> Thanx in advance
>
> MaxS

One way: Create a database package with a function which reads the first message from the pipe, and returns it.

Have the VB app connect to the database, then loop indefinitely, calling the function, then sleeping.

Hope this helps,

By the way, no offence but please don't cross-post to so many groups.

Paul Received on Sat Apr 06 2002 - 10:28:27 CST