Re: Strange problem with Oracle 9.0.1.1

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 16:50:04 GMT

At the risk of sounding like a crab, "did you read the manuals" or just try to install this stuff.

Under OFA, there is a structure for all this. If you can't remember, or didn't read the books, go up to the root directory preferably as 'root', and do a

find . -name alert_\* -print \ ;

depending on your UNIX the escape (backslash) characters might need fooling with. If you know the SID of your database, then (substituing whatever your SID is in the following statement would be a lot more specific ):

find . -name alert_SID -print;

would be easier.

Additionally looking in bdump and cdump directories for that SID might be interesting.

Then look at (after you are sure your own $ORACLE_SID and $ORACLE_HOME)are set right, looking at your network logs might help.

And, all your listeners are running, right? That's important if you are trying to connect and you are not on the same box as where the RDBMS is running.