Re: Pentium IV and the RedHat 7.2 (II)

From: Mark & Kristi Wagoner <mwagoner_at_iac.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 11:03:40 -0500

The Pentium IV problem is only related to the Oracle Installer on Window. It is caused by a problem with the Symantec JIT compiler, which is implemented as a DLL. This won't effect Linux.

With RedHat 7.1 there was a problem with the version of binutils, but I don't know if this still an issue with 7.2.